"Accelerate" Tuition Scholarships
Tuition Assistance for students with financial need – APPLY HERE!
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident and/or approved DACA status;
- Demonstrate financial hardship by having a completed and approved FAFSA (or other financial-need based evidence, if using DACA status), and available for review by the Foundation; EFC must be below 30000.
- Have a high school diploma or GED;
- Be enrolled in Technical school with a start date on or before 5/31/2023 OR currently attending Technical School, taking a professional technician curriculum (auto, aviation, diesel, collision repair, restoration, motorcycle or marine), have a minimum GPA of 3.5 and minimum Attendance of 95%.
- Requesting funds for purposes directly related to pursuing a technical education and a career in the transportation industry;
- Reviewers also consider student’s application answers, commitment to their education, ability to overcome obstacles, driving record, high school GPA, veteran status, work experience, perseverance and many other factors.
Please review the Award Cycles and Decision Days for timeframes and process details.
Accelerate! Tuition Scholarships support graduating high school seniors, dedicated adults and transitioning veterans as they pursue a post-secondary education to gain the skills and knowledge needed for a career as a professional technician in the transportation industry (auto, diesel, collision repair, restoration, motorcycle or marine).
Awards are paid to the post-secondary institution and applied to the student’s tuition on a prorated basis. Should recipient leave school, any unearned portion of the scholarship will be returned to the TechForce Foundation.
TechForce Foundation does not discriminate against or tolerate the harassment of any potential applicant, applicant or student on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, sexual orientation/gender identity or any other legally protected status in the provision of its courses, programs, services or activities. Selection is based on available funds and the need of the applicant. The number of awards is limited. This program may be altered or discontinued at any time at the discretion of the TechForce Foundation.